BASKETBALL Tryouts- 2024
Ages 11-13 Trying out for Division U13:
Saturday, February 24
Ages 14-18 Trying out for Division U15/U18
Saturday, February 24
**If you are trying out for the U15/U18 Divisions, there will be a callback round Saturday, March 2.
Should you be notified of a U15 callback, please come to your second tryout 3/2/24 from 10:15am- 12pm.
Should you be notified of a U18 callback, please come to your second to your 3/2/24 from 12:15pm-2pm.
Please consider the following points before responding to this invitation:
· There is no tryout fee. However, if your child is selected for a team, a fee of $75 per child is necessary to cover future expenses (bot including a uniform fee, which is separate). We strive to keep costs low through fundraising and sponsorship.
· Club season is a significant TIME and FINANCIAL COMMITMENT. A decision to play for Canes means giving up many weeknights, weekends, and even family vacations. Full commitment for the entire season is expected upon accepting a team position.
· Attendance at all practices is mandatory, barring legitimate reasons. Coaches must be notified at least one week in advance of any absences.
· Players must be available for out-of-state tournament travel, with advance notification required if unable to attend 1-2 games. Be aware that tournament schedules may be announced with less than a month's notice; readiness for short-notice travel is crucial.
· For out-of-state tournaments, which may last one or two days, players and parents are responsible for their own travel, transport, and hotel arrangements. Team formation encourages carpooling or permitting children to travel with other parents; it is recommended to share hotel rooms with team players/coaches.
· Most of our tournament is catered to those of Chinese descent; however, we will aim to attend Asian tournaments. The player must be of at least 25% Chinese descent to play in the Chinese league.
Please Click on Both links to sign up!
Our goal is to form travel teams for the U12/13 and U15 Divisions. Additionally, if there is sufficient interest and commitment, we are open to the possibility of creating a team for the U18 Division as well.
The coaches will evaluate and determine the appropriate placement for each player. Upon selection for a division, players will be notified via email. Each player has one week to accept their assigned spot. If they do not accept it within this timeframe, their spot will be offered to the next eligible player.
Team Practice is 1-2 times per week, for 2-3 hours. Our primary training will take place in the Metro West Area. Exact practice schedules will be set AFTER forming each team based on gym and team availability. The practice schedule often changes 1-2 times yearly, based on gym and coach availability. It's expected that all chosen players regularly participate in practices. While we understand there may be clashes with other commitments like school or AAU team activities, we ask for advanced notice. Keep in mind that these scheduling conflicts could reduce the number of practice sessions before tournaments.
We expect to compete in tournaments in Boston, New York, New Jersey, and Philadelphia. We also aim to participate in the annual Chinese National tournament over Memorial Day weekend, which will be held this year in Tampa, Florida. Our objective is to participate in 3 to 5 tournaments during the upcoming season. Tournament schedules are typically released 2-3 weeks beforehand. While we can inform you of the month in which a tournament will take place, the specific dates will only be available closer to the event. The tournament schedule varies each year. Coaches choose their tournaments based on the level of play, travel time, cost, and availability. The top teams will likely attend a few more travel tournaments than other teams.